cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

My service still keeps dropping out and I have two iphones side by side both on O2, one has full signal the other keeps dropping out. Really annoyed as I've just paid £260 to buy my contract out so I could upgrade to iPhone 5 plus £199 for the phone and I'm struggling to get a signal. Plus I was charged over £8 to call O2 as I was kept on hold for 38 minutes and to make it worse, I had purchased a £10 data bolt on which then got removed from my account. Got through to O2 again and they did say that they would reimburse the bolt on and charge for call. The bolt on has been but not sure of cost of call yet. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING SERVICE for on O2 at the moment. Might have to cancel all 4 contracts that I have with them and go to a descent SP

Sorry O2 but you need to sort this out pronto. Pay all this money for a better (suppose ably best phone on the market) and get a very poor service

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My service still keeps dropping out and I have two iphones side by side both on O2, one has full signal the other keeps dropping out. Really annoyed as I've just paid £260 to buy my contract out so I could upgrade to iPhone 5 plus £199 for the phone and I'm struggling to get a signal. Plus I was charged over £8 to call O2 as I was kept on hold for 38 minutes and to make it worse, I had purchased a £10 data bolt on which then got removed from my account. Got through to O2 again and they did say that they would reimburse the bolt on and charge for call. The bolt on has been but not sure of cost of call yet. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING SERVICE for on O2 at the moment. Might have to cancel all 4 contracts that I have with them and go to a descent SP

Sorry O2 but you need to sort this out pronto. Pay all this money for a better (suppose ably best phone on the market) and get a very poor service

Lets take this in parts:

1) What iphone models are these? Iphone 4/4S had the antenna issue that was resolved by the bumper case. 

2) Have you tried moving one iphone away from the other and see what happens to the signal strength? It could be possible that there is a fault with the iphone 5 and you'll need to visit an Apple store (you can use o2 but everyone prefers Apple as they sort it no questions or hassle).

3) If you were using the chargeable number and not the free one (202 or something) then you will get charged from your phone. Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about that but if they're going to reimburse you then that's as much as you can expect.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

My service dropped at about 10pm on Thursday, I still don't have any service and missing lot of social all due to this bloody recuring problem. I don't know why 02 take so long to get ths sorted, I remember the last time this happened it took 24 hours. Within the 6 years I was with Vodafone, this happened only once and they rectified it within 4 hours as well as compensating me with a free month and all we ever get from 02 is 10% discounts. An explenation would be really nice about now!

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Ammacodaz

If you have two iPhones side by side, one with full signal and the other with patchy signal, then it would make sense that the problem does not lie with O2 but with your handsets, hence making it Apples error. If O2 were in error then both handsets would drop signal at the sametime, everytime. As it seems just one does. I would say that that iPhone has a faulty cellular radio. Perhaps a trip to the Apple Store might be in order?
Message 3 of 7

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Lets take this in parts:

1) What iphone models are these? Iphone 4/4S had the antenna issue that was resolved by the bumper case. 

2) Have you tried moving one iphone away from the other and see what happens to the signal strength? It could be possible that there is a fault with the iphone 5 and you'll need to visit an Apple store (you can use o2 but everyone prefers Apple as they sort it no questions or hassle).

3) If you were using the chargeable number and not the free one (202 or something) then you will get charged from your phone. Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about that but if they're going to reimburse you then that's as much as you can expect.

Message 4 of 7

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Payingcustomer..... this has been covered on a few other chats.

Ammacodaz
I do appreciate this being a problem. Have u rebooted the problem handset (press hold home n power til the handset shuts off)?

Sometimes I know the SIM card can move in iPhones, try taking it out give a wipe and put back and then restart the fone.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , I live in the Eyemouth in the scottish borders, TD14 area , does anyone know if O2 upgrading the signal to 3G , they are the only network in the area that doesnt have a 3G signal .

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Only O2 can tell you that and they don't seem to be making that info available.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7