Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 weeks in Australia

Wallace
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi can anyone tell me the cheapest, hassle free way to use my phone for 3 weeks in Australia? Will it be the £4.99 a day job or is there a block i can buy instead? Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
When did you take out your contract, and what tariff are you on?
If after 22nd March 2018, and on a 4Gb, 15Gb or above tariff you might be able to use it without any charge.
See help/info on link below:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Contract-with-O2-Travel-Inclusive-75-Free-Countries-a...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Wallace I'd be getting a local SIM card to use in an unlocked phone or just restricting my use to WiFi only. 

3 weeks at £5 a day is a lot of money for something that may not even work very well.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 Travel Inclusive is the cheapest way if you have the correct tariff and bolt on. Easy to check in My O2, otherwise the ordinary O2 Travel @ £4.99/day is the only other option on O2.

One option is to get a local sim card if your phone is unlocked but I have no idea of the charges. Unlock your phone in My O2 if it isn't already then you can at least look into that while you are away 

Message 4 of 4