cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0800 numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why can I not call 0800 numbers from my pay monthly phone?

I am told to remove the first 0 and try again.

I have now found I have been charged £5.40 for three phone calls to a free phone number which doesn't even come out of my minutes.

This is ridiculous, other networks either don't charge or at least take it from your minutes.

Another issue with O2, I have been with you 6 months and you have lost signal several times leaving me with a useless phone, I don't have a landline or computer so how are people suppose to get in contact with me!?

I sometimes try using wifi (including o2 wifi) with full signal strength but am told I am unable to connect, check my connectivity, and I have the same problem with mobile Internet too sometimes.

This is unacceptable when I'm paying for a 'service' every month and am tided into a contract!

Sort it out O2  

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have an apple device, this is the one I use for 0800 numbers.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/0800-wizard/id414662090?mt=8

If you're a android, I'm sure they will have apps like this.
Message 11 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whatever  you do, do not use 0800 or 800 numbers from your O2 Mobile until the new law has past where as mobile companies are required to change their 0800 charging system (expected later on in the year I believe).

If you are going to ring an 0800/800 number, ring from your landline instead as I have just been shafted with a £15 call charge after being advised 800 number's rang specifically from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, I will certainly be thinking twice taking my 4 contracts elsewhere. 

Message 13 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
0800 numbers have never been free from a mobile - everyone knows this, hence the rule changes and the 03 numbers that many companies now use instead.
Apps such as "saynoto 0870" etc are also popular for this very reason.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

0800 Buster is also a popular app which will give you a predialled regional number to which you add the 0800 number. At least no one else will be caught out when the new rules are enforced.

Message 15 of 15