cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 aboad

Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel like I have been given misleading information from O2 about the payments I will make abroad. I called them and they told me my payments would be only £1.99 per day in Europe, and so stupidly believed them! I checked the website too, but of course I couldn't see Ukraine on the list and so assumed it was obvioudly IN europe... since it is! To my horror after using my internet to sort out my missing luggage in Ukraine on my first few days I discovered that the £1.99 was a complete lie, and shortly receieved a message from 02, 36 HOURS after arriving that I would be paying £6 per MB and 40p for my sms! I also have no option to turn off my data roaming, making matters worse! Why do I have to pay for this? For being given misleading information!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to be part of the script these days

Message 11 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you saved the chat transcript hopefully they will refund you. Geography lessons and a little knowledge from actually looking at the website of the company they represent should be the minimum requirements when advising on travelling overseas to whatever country. 

Instead of live chat links maybe customers should be redirected here as they are for TU Go. 

Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby will have to start paying us

Message 13 of 14

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

I'll report this to the team to see if we can make improvements. Please do flag any instances where you think we could have more info on hand for customers :).

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 14