cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 PERSONAL HOTSPOT WIFI BUFFERING

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i have just taken out a contract with 02 for the Personal WIFI hotspot, is anyone else having issues using it? i have got full 4G Signal but cannot get any video to play e.g netflix, or youtube etc. getting very frustrating

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Check here for any network issues http://status.o2.co.uk/ and run a speedtest to see what download speed you are getting.
Depending on your location and number of users on your mast it could be very slow at some times of the day.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10171 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
I would do a speedtest using speedtest.net or have a look on thinkbroadband.com for their speedtest..

What is coverage like on 4G for where you are? just because you have full signal doesn't necessarily translate to speed on the network..

Also if browsing Youtube, be careful as they do some funky network things when they detect a mobile connection..

Change your settings in Netflix to Low, and you will be able to stream, this will give you 4hrs of playback per GB, whilst unlimited is 20mins of playback per GB

I wouldnt recommend gaming on the hotspot either..
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you getting on with this? Have you got your streaming working yet? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4