cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

promised a refund 1 month ago which i havent recieved

Anonymous
Not applicable

a month ago i upgraded my phone contract, i did this over the phone and as part of the agreement for my upgrade i was told that o2 would pay off the remainder of my old contract, this was on the friday afternoon and i had a payment for £72 due to come out on the monday, i was told because of the timing id have to pay this £72 but that i would get it refunded to my account. I waited approximately 14 working days before calling them on friday 8/9/17 to chase my refund, i was then told my refund request had been rejected to which i was very shocked as i had been told by an o2 employee i would be refunded, never at any point was i told id have to request a refund and see if it was granted. I was then told by the o2 employee i spoke to that day that she would chase this up for me and call me back the following friday (15/9/17) and guess what? no phone call ive heard nothing from them. i am yet to call them back because i wanted to see if anybody else has ever experienced this any help would be appreciated

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Rarely do the normal Customer Services call back, I don't believe they have that capability with the phone system they use.....you need to chase it

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123282 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

If chasing up customer services doesn't get the result you want then make a complaint here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain  Using Resolver in the link appears to get the best results https://www.resolver.co.uk/freeadvice/companies/o2-complaints/services?odm=300_1_1&utm_source=O2&utm...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Rarely do the normal Customer Services call back, I don't believe they have that capability with the phone system they use.....you need to chase it

They certainly do have the facility in the UK but for obvious reasons I doubt overseas advisers have the same systems. Previously, any outbound calls were monitored.

Message 4 of 7

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Corrected....by the man who should know !
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144852 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions
What I need to understand, is why do they offer to call customers back, then not do it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, welcome to our forum! Sorry to hear that you hadn't received the refund in time. worried I'm going to drop you a quick PM (Private Message) shortly to discuss in more detail to see if we can help in any way!

Message 7 of 7