cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised upgrade when asking for pac code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two days ago I asked O2's web chat staff for a pac code. They kept trying to sell a new contract so the chat took 1.5 hours! I declined all offers and eventually got the code. 

Yesterday I saw on my account that O2 had renewed my contract without permission. I asked web chat staff to remove the upgrade and to log a complaint that this had happened. They said the upgrade would be removed from my account within 24 hours. This has not happened. They also said they would log my complaint but then refused and said I should refer to the O2 complaints webpage - which says that web chat staff can receive complaints. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, which took 1/2 hour, who also refused to log my complaint. The whole web chat took 2.5 hours and actually did nothing. They did not correct the upgrade nor log my complaint. 

It is apparently very easy for staff to collect commissions on upgrades which are not needed and not agreed. It is apparently very hard to correct this malpractice. I see on reviews of O2 that this problem has remained unresolved for a long time, 

http://www.s21.com/o2.htm Perhaps this type of fraud continues to be tolerated by O2 as they benefit from locking in customers who don't use the pac code in time?

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've worked out what's happening at O2. They got bored with running a business or acting professional and are now doing sport with customers.

1. When you ask staff for a pac code you're actually enrolling for their game. They give you a contract renewal without discussion or agreement.
  2. When you ask staff to remove the renewal they say yes ok but actually do nothing. All 5 staff I've contacted are playing this game. [update: now 8 staff contacted, still awaiting actual help]
  3. When you ask staff to make a complaint they say yes ok but actually do nothing. This might spoil their game.
  4. When you contact @O2 on twitter they say please DM info but don't follow you to make this possible. They then ignore further tweets. [update: they now follow so I could DM, still awaiting actual help]
  5. When you contact their complaints review service they say they make a full response but atcually do nothing. The illegal contracts renewal remains in place, the staff remain free to keep playing as before.
  6. The game goes on, with O2 helping themselves to contracts/commissions rather than helping customers.
Message 21 of 56

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@When you contact @O2 on twitter they say please DM info but don't follow you to make this possible. They then ignore further tweets

@I can assure you the the @O2 twitter team will follow you and do try to help (personal experiance) I will send a link to this thread@Anonymous

The copmplaint process used to work but got handed to a third party

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 22 of 56

Cleoriff
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I didn't know the complaint process was now undertaken by a 3rd party @adamtemp64? Who deals with O2 complaints now?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 56

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Capita, who couldn't care less, in my opinion.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 56

Cleoriff
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

It certainly seems to be the case @MI5...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 56

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
I've just realised why the official Ofcom complaints figures are so low for o2........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 56

bluescreener
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous this stinks. Have you asked them for a copy of the chat log? You may also want to consider making a Subject Access Request (which will cost you a maximum of £10) to request a legible copy of all personal data they hold on you - that will include billing records, transcripts of webchats, recordings of calls with customer services...

At the trailing edge of technology.
Message 27 of 56

bluescreener
Level 3: Thinker
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

If you want to see some examples of Capita at their worst, take a look on Youtube where people have recorded their tactics trying to bully people into getting TV licences where they don't need one.

At the trailing edge of technology.
Message 28 of 56

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Cleoriff was out shopping thanks @MI5

Personal experiance of the capita crs system I think I posted about it before somewhere

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 29 of 56

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
I've personal experience too.
They just basically say "we are right, you are wrong, now go away and stop bothering us"

Currently using:
Message 30 of 56