Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

European roaming and tethering

DentArthurDent
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Now there is no difference between home and European usage will we be able to use our phones as a hot spot when on holiday in qualifying countries.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144927 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions
We are told that you can but unfortunately data is still so slow it will be pointless trying.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Not at present.  I tried and it failed like a lead balloon. 

Waiting to hear ear about the data restrictions being removed and 4G Europe networks added.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I use my allocated monthly data in Tenerife now that the new directive has been issued. Can I also send free texts from there from my monthly allocation.  Thank you.  Sue F

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144927 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I use my allocated monthly data in Tenerife now that the new directive has been issued. Can I also send free texts from there from my monthly allocation.  Thank you.  Sue F

Yes you can, back to the UK and other EU countries only though. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5