Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frozen number

Grrr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have tried contacting customer services - useless. I have tried o2 chat - useless. I know the number of the device I am trying to use is frozen. The question is why, it was in use and had £42 credit about three weeks ago. Perhaps more importantly is just how do I get unfrozen and a proper explanation!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Grrr
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well, no solution here. However, after a further two days I received a booked  call back and finally spoke to a human!

I have a Phablet that can make calls and send texts in addition to using data. I did not realise that using data only would not stop the phone being frozen. At least one  call or text must be made in every six months to stop the number being frozen. Now I know I will ensure that is done.

It is now unfrozen and credit restored.

Grrr

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Grrr 

You'll need to call 4445 to check your account but I'd also try your sim in another phone, in case the phone is faulty.

8.00am is the best time to call to avoid a long wait.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@O2Simon or @O2Emma can you help @Grrr?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Grrr
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

MI5,

Thank you. I have done a SIM swap - no problem. I got through the interminable phone nonsense once and it stated the number was fozen. I simply want to talk to human to get it unfrozen, why is it so difficult?

Grrr

Message 4 of 6

Grrr
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well, no solution here. However, after a further two days I received a booked  call back and finally spoke to a human!

I have a Phablet that can make calls and send texts in addition to using data. I did not realise that using data only would not stop the phone being frozen. At least one  call or text must be made in every six months to stop the number being frozen. Now I know I will ensure that is done.

It is now unfrozen and credit restored.

Grrr

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Grrr 

Glad you're sorted but had we known what you've just told us earlier, we could have given you the answer sooner.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6