nd we ring her. thanks for any help 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@di I haven't the slightest idea what you mean by what you posted. You'll need to be a little clearer about what the problem is.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@di You bought a phone but you cannot phone anyone? You need to buy some credit with a voucher for your first top up. You can do this at any ATM machine 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@di 

How to top up here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Top-Up-PAYG/ba-p/1156408

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

di
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

sorry only a piece of my question printed. anyway i bought this fone for my granddaughter, from o2, pay as you go. when i ring her it take money off her credit. also its charging her £1 per day. i spoke to o2 this morning and they tell that it is right, we have put her on wattsapp, but it still taking money daily, and that is with data turned off, can anyone advise what to do please.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
She will be charged for all calls texts and data use unless on WiFi. That’s how PAYG is designed to work.
The £1 is a daily charge for any amount of data use.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@di Your granddaughter should not be charged for receiving a call. She must make sure that mobile data is turned off completely in Settings, otherwise she will have the £1 a day charge. Please see this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices?page=device/alcatel/u3/topic/internet-and-data/tur...

WhatsApp should be used over WiFi, but both parties need to have the app installed in order for it to work.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7