Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You tube Restricted mode via 4G

HHGTTG
Level 3: Thinker
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
In the last few days when I access YouTube via the O2 network, I'm not allowed to comment on videos I normally watch or am subscribed to. In my Settings in my Account the on/off switch for restricted mode is greyed out.
O2 shop assistant told me this morning to uninstall YouTube which of of course is not possible as part of system
Any suggestions?
YouTube worked perfectly OK using my Wireless network.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@HHGTTG wrote:
It's Nov 11th as I write this and still no charge on my Credit card for removing that restriction.

You won't see a charge

O2 just authorise/reserve a £1.00 charge to check the card is valid but they don't then claim the money so no charge will appear on your statement.

Message 11 of 13

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You won't see a charge

O2 just authorise/reserve a £1.00 charge to check the card is valid but they don't then claim the money so no charge will appear on your statement.

Another outdated O2 help page here then....

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

As part of the age verification process, we need to confirm that your card is valid and that you are who you say you are and, for this reason, £1 will be debited from your card. Once this transaction is complete we will reimburse you with £1 adding to your Pay Monthly or your Pay & Go airtime credit. In case of a Mobile Broadband service, the £1 will be given back as a data credit to your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 13 of 13