cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using two O2 sims with different phone numbers in the same phone.

Pinkberry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Will it work? I am currently on pay monthly plan. I would like to purchase  another sim with a different number and use it in the same phone sometimes. I am still intending to use my old sim in the same phone most of the time too. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38267 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Can't think of any reason why not, @Pinkberry - dual SIM phones do allow for using one SIM for calls and another for data, but if there is a weak signal, for whatever reason, then you are still up a creek without a paddle... Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38267 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Can't think of any reason why not, @Pinkberry - dual SIM phones do allow for using one SIM for calls and another for data, but if there is a weak signal, for whatever reason, then you are still up a creek without a paddle... Good luck.

Message 2 of 4

Pinkberry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the answer @pgn . I think I maybe have not given enough information in the original post. I am not intending to use it in a dual SIM phone. I would like to be able to swap between the SIM cards using the same phone, having only one SIM inserted at any time. 

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7822 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

It can be done but you stand a good chance of ruining the phones SIM slot in time. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4