Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage abroad

PAL1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just travelled to Bermuda and before I left I called to ask what about charges.

I was told my existing Bolt On would cover it at £6 per day, as/when used.

On arrival, I've received two messages.

First - "You've got O2 Travel - £6 per day for the days you use it"

Second - "If you want to use data, you'll need to buy a Zone 3 Bolt On - £2 per min + 50p texts"

Which is it and why as I not informed correctly in the first place?

Patricia

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149487 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@PAL1 

Check your MyO2 to see if you have O2 Travel bolt on.

If so, it's £6 a day.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

PAL1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, MI5

Sorry, it wasn't obvious that I was posting on the open forum - I thought this was the online chat option!🙄

I do have the Bolt On - hence the confusion.  I'm guessing O2 didn't initially rate Bermuda in an appropriate zone for the Bolt On .... only guessing.  I'll have to ask O2 directly.

Thanks again for coming back though.

PAL1

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 149487 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@PAL1 

It's £6 a day with the bolt on. Nothing else needed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

PAL1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's what I thought!

But since arriving I've had two messages, one saying I'm covered by the Bolt On and a follow-on message saying I need to buy a Zone 3 Bolt On to use data and that call charges will be £2 per min or 50p per text.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 149487 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@PAL1 

It's a nonsense text which you can ignore.

Just another failure of O2's systems (too many to list here).

Message 6 of 6