Did you mean: 

Transferring number to O2

TomC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm having a crap time at the moment trying to get in touch with someone at customer services. I have got a PAC code from EE. I have a PAYG O2 sim that i have activated and i am trying to transfer my number across. I have rang customer services twice now, waited 30 minutes for someone to answer, to be told can't you do this online? No i can't, online says call customer services....Both times i've been told they are transferring me but it rings 4 times and then beeps and hangs up.

What the hell is going on? I'm a new customer wanting to join O2 and so far it's a waste of time!!!!

Where can i easily use my PAC code to transfer my number to my new sim with O2 without the hassle of having to deal with someone on the end of the phone who has no idea what they're doing???

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tom your situation sounds exactly like mine. Do yourself a favour and cancel/leave O2.

They are having severe issues with their customer services department right now.  I've been waiting over a week to get a number ported across (their engineers have messed it up and caused a split port - with my number working on both EE and O2 simultaneously).  

I've cancelled my DD with O2 as I can't get a hold of anyone to actually cancel the contract and will be sticking with EE for now.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147228 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@TomC 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tom your situation sounds exactly like mine. Do yourself a favour and cancel/leave O2.

They are having severe issues with their customer services department right now.  I've been waiting over a week to get a number ported across (their engineers have messed it up and caused a split port - with my number working on both EE and O2 simultaneously).  

I've cancelled my DD with O2 as I can't get a hold of anyone to actually cancel the contract and will be sticking with EE for now.  

Message 3 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

You need to cancel the contract correctly @Anonymous as if you only cancel the DD o2 will send the account to a debt collection agency, ruining your credit score and you could end up with unwanted knocks on the door...

Follow this guide:

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately @gmarkj since O2 have messed up the port and my number is still active on EE (and O2 simultaneously) I can't simply request a PAC code and exit that way.  The only way to cancel is to get in touch with someone at O2 to close down my account (this will then release the currently locked PAC code which EE have issued).

I have sent an email to confirm my cancellation but I won't be wasting any more time waiting to get through to someone.

Message 5 of 9

gmarkj
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

o2 don't use email as a communication method @Anonymous so a bit worried you won't get a response.

I wonder if @O2Sarah- can help with this debacle?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 6 of 9

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@Anonymous I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gmarkj the email I have found is:

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

I've also included my ofcom complaint reference alongside it. 

I feel after exhausting all reasonable methods of trying to get in touch the onus is now very much on O2 and not me.  Hopefully the debt collectors will feel the same wink

Message 8 of 9

gmarkj
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

Unfortunately I would not put much hope in how a debt collector feels @Anonymous .

And the complaints email will only look at the complaint and not closing down the account.

Message 9 of 9