Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card credit what can i do with it?

mrsh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,  my son had a sim card which i had auto top up set on it.  He received a new phone for christmas on another network and i thought I'd cancelled the auto top up but it still topped up for 3 or 4 months so I now have a sim with £54.30 credit on it 😞 Is there any way of getting a refund or selling it on? Any suggestions greatly aprecciated, thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144673 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Try calling rather than using live chat.
As I understand, a refund can be issued as long as the sim is terminated at the same time.

The following has been posted previously by O2:
"We shared some info earlier with you via PM related to PAYG refunds:

If a customer no longer wishes to stay with O2 and they have remaining credit left on their account, the credit can be refunded in the form of a cheque. The customer would need to call the pre pay team to request this.

Member Curmudgeon had a good question related to this (cheers!), so I'm sharing the answer we got with all you regular members so you have the same info. slight_smile

Q: At what point does the customer have to call to request the refund?

A: The PAYG team confirmed that the refund can only be processed on an active account. As soon as the refund is processed the account is disconnected and the number can’t be ported out to a different network.

If the customer would like to leave O2 and keep the number they would need to use all their remaining credit before porting out.

When the customer calls to get a PAC Code they are advised that if they don’t use the remaining credit before the number transfer, it will be lost as O2 can't issue a refund on disconnected pre-pay account."
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144673 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

Hi @mrsh

I'd suggest calling customer services and see if they can re-credit your bank card http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Failing that you could always sell it on ebay.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

mrsh
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi and thanks for replying, i contacted them via O2 chat and was told a refund wasn't possible? i may try your link to see if i have any more luck or ebay it as a last resort?

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd buy a cheap payg off Argos or Asda £5 - 15

Put the £50 SIM in and sell it as a prepaid £50 Credit - Pay as you Go.

+ throw in the additional sim that came with ( £10 )

on eBay or gumtree  all for £109.  

even better if you have an old payg knocking around -

Just make sure you cancel the auto top up.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144673 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Try calling rather than using live chat.
As I understand, a refund can be issued as long as the sim is terminated at the same time.

The following has been posted previously by O2:
"We shared some info earlier with you via PM related to PAYG refunds:

If a customer no longer wishes to stay with O2 and they have remaining credit left on their account, the credit can be refunded in the form of a cheque. The customer would need to call the pre pay team to request this.

Member Curmudgeon had a good question related to this (cheers!), so I'm sharing the answer we got with all you regular members so you have the same info. slight_smile

Q: At what point does the customer have to call to request the refund?

A: The PAYG team confirmed that the refund can only be processed on an active account. As soon as the refund is processed the account is disconnected and the number can’t be ported out to a different network.

If the customer would like to leave O2 and keep the number they would need to use all their remaining credit before porting out.

When the customer calls to get a PAC Code they are advised that if they don’t use the remaining credit before the number transfer, it will be lost as O2 can't issue a refund on disconnected pre-pay account."

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

mrsh
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks everyone, after nearly losing the will to live with trying to get to speak to a real person I eventually got to speak to someone and they've authorised a refund and are sending me a cheque out in 14 days! slight_smile many thanks for your help and suggestions, much appreciated!

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144673 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Pleased that's sorted for you slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7