Did you mean: 

Reactivate Old Sim Card - Urgent

jaydeef92
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello All

I am urgently needing help from O2 with reactivating an old o2 sim card.

Sadly a loved one (a previous boyfriend - we were just starting to get close again and seeing where things would go) he unfortunately took his life last week.

And I am desperate to get our years worth of texts and photos off the likes of whats app etc. which is obviously linked to the o2 phone number i used to have.

I was hoping o2 would have a chat box for this, but due to covid theyre limited on what they can discuss. Please can anyone help. I would love to salvage these lovely memories.

Please be kind and sensitive in your replies.

Thank you

Jade

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@jaydeef92 Sorry for your loss. Your ability to get you old sim number back will depend on how long it's been inactive. If it's been longer than six months the number may have been reassigned. You'll need to call customer service. Numbers are in the link below. Use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option to get through.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

O2Tracey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 103 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I would pop into store with some photo id (passport or Driving licence), and the can issue you with a new SIM, this will be dependant on how long the sim has not been used, as it may not be possible. But it's worth a try. Hope this helps
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@jaydeef92 Sorry for your loss. Your ability to get you old sim number back will depend on how long it's been inactive. If it's been longer than six months the number may have been reassigned. You'll need to call customer service. Numbers are in the link below. Use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option to get through.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3