Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo texts

Fw190
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I get quite a few texts promoting O2 offers but they always seem to only apply to people on pay monthly , I have tried phoning the number in the texts several times to stop them but they still keep coming.

Is there any other way to stop these? I can't find anything in the online account about stopping offers that do not apply to PAYG.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Fw190

Yes, you can do this by changing your preferences in MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Fw190 

Go here in your MyO2 and have your phone ready to receive a verification code too.

My choices.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Fw190
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

tempsnip-large.jpg

I had already tried contact preferences but all I get it the web page in the screen shot.

Tried to put in a screen shot of the my preferences page showing that there was nothing in it but it did not show in my browser after i had posted.

M15 Re "Go here in your MyO2" - go where?

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Fw190 wrote:

M15 Re "Go here in your MyO2" - go where?

My choices.png

Circled in the image I posted ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Fw190, how are you getting on with this, any progress? slight_smile

Message 6 of 8

Fw190
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not getting anywhere, I do not get a screen like M15 shows, I do get a menu option for 'my contact preferences' and get texted a code when I click on it but then I just get the page as in the screen shot I put up, with no options at all in it.

Have still been getting ads for contract stuff and tried calling the number on the messages again and it says I have opted out of everything but they still keep coming .......

Message 7 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Fw190 sorry to hear that, sounds strange! Let's see if we can find out anything on our end and help you figure this out. I'll drop you a PM shortly to get a few additional details. slight_smile

Message 8 of 8