Did you mean: 

Problem moving number to PAYG

TThr0ss
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone can help here as this is an unofficial thread but I'm running out of options.

I am leaving the UK for travelling and want to keep my number whilst not necessarily using it for calls/texts whilst away. O2 recommended I switch from pay Monthly to PAYG.

Having received the new SIM and calling them on Wednesday to move the number across, it has been over 48 hours and the number has not been moved, but the pay monthly SIM stopped working immediately.

I have been on the phone to O2 for over 3 hours today being passed from department to department with no one helping. The PM team say I need to speak to the PAYG team and vice versa. I ask to speak to a supervisor and I just get put back to the general line. When I do think I'm about to get anywhere the call cuts out. I can't speak to anyone in the MyO2 app as I can no longer log in.

I have DM'ed the general O2 twitter account who just asked me to use the MyO2 app and then stopped responding.

The pay monthly team confirmed the number I am trying to move across is no longer tied to a PM account, so I worry the number has been lost now. I need this sorting straight away as I leave the UK on Wednesday and I'm now incredibly stressed about this.

Can anyone please advise? I'm now incredibly distressed about this as no one is helping and I am on a strict time limit.

Many Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147263 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

@Chris_K 

This is not the level of support expected from our SM teams?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Mlpk787
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having the same issue with transfer from PM to PAYG - been asked to do the same form over the phone twice now with seemingly no results, customer service not particularly helpful or knowledgeable... Don't understand how it can be this difficult to switch plans within the same company?! It's not like I'm moving to a new network, it's literally the same company dealing with everything so how can it be so time consuming and infuriating??

Message 3 of 8

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7766 Posts
  • 155 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@TThr0ss 

@Mlpk787 

If your problems are not resolved timeously, you could consider complaining :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

I suggest that you look at Resolver in the former document ; several forum members have reported that they helped to facilitate solutions to their issues.   

Message 4 of 8

TThr0ss
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Oxonian 

I have sent a complaint to the complainant review centre address and to Ofcom, but unfortunately do not think these will help resolve the issue under the very short time limit I am under.

After several hours on the phone again yesterday they just told me to wait until Tuesday before calling again as there was some kind of technical error with the last two requests to move the number over, which I am very doubtful of.

I also tried to raise a complaint over the phone (4445) several times, but no one would allow me to do this, just leaving me on hold for ages and then transferring me back to the start of the process, asking for phone numbers and security details over and over.

Incredibly frustrating and stressful to still not have my number active when I am leaving the country in 3 days.

Message 5 of 8

Oxonian
  • 7766 Posts
  • 155 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@TThr0ss 

It is often said on this forum that 8.10am or thereabouts is a good time to 'phone Customer Services as it maximises your chances of speaking to someone in a UK call centre, which tend to have staff with greater experience. 

Have you tried calling at 8.10am, ad if you haven't, why don't you give that a try tomorrow (Monday) ?  

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124363 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Pretty poor all round and so much worse since we lost the O2 Advisors back in July.

Surely a case for their return @Dave-O2 ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
  • 7766 Posts
  • 155 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

I couldn't agree more @Cleoriff

It would appear that the departure date of @TThr0ss has now passed and we don't know whether O2 resolved his issue or not !   

Message 8 of 8