Did you mean: 

O2 claims I took some calls while being abroad and I did not

AlexxH100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,
I am in Dominican Republic and I recently noticed I have been charged 8.90 for something. I contacted Customer Service over a chat and I was advised it’s for 3 incoming calls.
The thing is, that all I have are 2 missed calls (duration 0:00) and I didn’t take any phone calls since I got here, because I know how expensive it is. What is more, I NEVER take not make phone-calls while I’m abroad (I use wifi only, eventually mobile data bolt ons). No one used my phone as I have it with me all the time. Phone call time would be also weird (around 5:00 am). I did not call anyone and no one called me. I complained to o2 as a man (Harish) on chat was rude and suggested I was lying and he refunded the money in patronising way.
I had mobile data off (it triggers roaming off in iphone’s settings too), so I have no idea what has happened. I cancelled my automatic top up because I do not trust o2 anymore and I don’t want them to have access to my credit card. Can you please advise what happened? Has anyone had that situation? They gave me details of those 3 phone calls on chat (when, how long, cost), apart from phone numbers.
I don’t have any records of those phone calls oj my phone.

It drives me mad as I was accused of lying like I want to get few extra pounds. I hope this will get resolved as I won’t leave it like that.
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

AlexxH100
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 thanks a lot. I also sent an email to O2 attaching print screens I had from the chat and from my phone but I’m happy to provide again whatever is needed.
Message 11 of 32

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the tag on this one @MI5 ! 

@AlexxH100 We can pick up your issue and get one of our Guru team to take a look and see what's happened here. I'll need to grab some details so I'll send you a private message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 32

AlexxH100
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you guys, I really appreciate it.
Message 13 of 32

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem at all @AlexxH100! Your case has now been escalated and I'll send you a message as soon as I hear back from the team. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 32

AlexxH100
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just noticed that my balance has changed no and it’s 18.95! I had airplane mode for all the time, I turned it off to literally check the balance...
Message 15 of 32

AlexxH100
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I knew this would happen again, absolutely unacceptable. I’m on chat now with them and they are sayibg the same thing as yesterday - that I made 3 phone calls today.
I had my phone on airplne mode all day long with few brakes to check my balance.
Can this please be checked, that I was not logged in to any network? How can I stop these rodiculous charges?
Message 16 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Martin is investigating for you so hang on for the outcome of that.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 32

AlexxH100
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I ended chat conversation. I was advised by the same manager Harish that they already made an exception yesterday and suggested no refund this time. I didn’t even ask for the refund because tomorrow the same will probably happen. I expect my balance to be 0.00 by the time I go back to England. I hope there is some kind of explanation for all of this as it is simply horrible. They said the same thing - 3 phonecalls.
I had airplane mode on whole day with literally 3, maybe 4 exceptions to check my balance.
I will have to contact my bank to get my money from credit card back as o2 stole from me. I’m glad I deleted automatic top up, I hope so.
This honestly affected my holiday. Very unfair and I’m really disappointed...

I cannot imagine this happened. How easy it is to assign someone else's phone calls to a wrong number. I cannot imagine staying with o2 after this.

If necessary I will go to Apple so they check and give me the proof that there were no phonecalls during this time.
Message 18 of 32

AlexxH100
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks guys, sorry I’m panicking a bit... As I said, got already paranoid. I hope you can find what causes the issue.
Message 19 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As you have just mentioned you have an iPhone, are you aware that facetime and iMessage registers on the apple servers each time you switch on phone or come off airplane mode?
If you came off airplane mode 3 times today, that could account for the 3 "ghost" calls.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 32