Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 New Customers Only

AztecUK
Level 3: Thinker
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I was excited to see O2 had £10 a month, Pre-pay deal 10gb a month but New Customers only I am on old deal of 7gb a month and been long term customer and managed to never run out of my bundle in years!

I did speak twice with O2 customer service and other than offering me a contract, they said No!!

We are kind of contract you can top up when you can afford it and do need £10 a month to keep deal going

I am going to take this further as I feel like me been a customer for 3 years, I feel we deserve the same rather than this New Customer Only politicly.  Especially if your like me and bundle gets renewed! Always have balance to do it!

O2, how about if customer like me has always kept balance going? I feel we deserve 10gb a month.

Most of us are on Wifi and wont use it and last I checked I got 13.3gb data this is matter of principle

New mast in our area only does O2 and Vodafone! I am actually happy with O2 but feel these guys need to give us that "New Customers Only" deal remember that advert on TV years ago!!

Thanks

Nick

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion and experience.
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just an update, I finally got around to calling O2 and they honoured my request to be moved to 10GB a month instead of 7GB.  Now active! Been a customer since 2019 which is why they let me do it!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion and experience.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I am not any NOOB on this forum! been a while since I logged in! I am Level 3!

To be honest most of us wont use this Data because we have Wifi with another company!

I am on case with trading standards right now!

I have got better deal lined up! Fine legally you have to supply PAC Code!

Just give us guys a break! please! I want 10gb a month

Thanks

Nick

Message 2 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@AztecUK 

That is o2's business decision they do not have to offer you the same deal as new customers.  And offers change all the time for new customers, both on PAYG and Contract.

The offer you are talking about is a limited time offer for New Customers who sign up to a minimum top up of £10 per month for it to continue. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 11

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@madasaf1sh

That is not fine, trading standard agree!!!

Message 4 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@AztecUK 

I would take what Trading Standards say with a pinch of Salt, as depending on which councils TS department you speak to you will get a different answer... 

What a waste of council resources. all for 3GB of data ... I would rather my council spend the money wasted on schools, not some tantrum

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@AztecUK 

Have you tried changing your tariff in your MyO2?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I am not having a dig at O2, I am with a well known supplier of Fibre to Premises! They hook new customer in with half what I pay! Just feel this is wrong!

Very happy with current O2 deal, I could phone O2 and get PAC code and move BUT I actually don't want to, still get 7gb a month and does roll on to 14gb, more than enough, unlimited calls and texts and solid 4G signal!. 

Why move to piggy back on to Service that uses O2!, I am staying!

Message 7 of 11

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sorry O2! I am staying! I in far south west of UK and get 4G signal everywhere I go.

Message 8 of 11

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Never give up! I didn't and I WILL be getting new sim card free of charge on PAYG keeping my number and I will be getting that 10GB a month! I will have to make £10 payment but I just got what I wanted!

If you got at least 2-3 years and NEVER failed to topup and keep your Bundle and don't want contract and insist PLEASE always be respectful and polite!

I answered my own question here!

O2 is the best

Message 9 of 11

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I did receive new SIM card from O2, too scared to move my number! Lets not rock the boat! my current SIM I have 14gb DATA and all is good. It's not just O2 BUT I want to see a change in the law about this New Customers Only situation! it isn't fair for us loyal customers and I won't tolerate it anymore....

O2 are really good looked at contract and changed my mind within the 14 day cooling of period, all is good, sadly had hard search on my credit report.

I decided to stay on my current PAYG deal.  I got 14gb lol! unlimited calls and texts! Well worth £10 a month! I get extra security questions because my number is classed as premium, it is so easy to remember!

I don't want to upset O2, we had new mast built a few years ago it only does O2 and Vodafone, I get lovely 4G signal and all is good! even the call quality is better! I have used data in the past and O2 gives me more!!! I got broadband service I pay a lot for and landline I never use!

The landline is pence for minute and so expensive, don't use it I grab my phone and can talk and text for just £10 a month!!! Well done O2! I got more data than I need and love this network!

Message 10 of 11