cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia1 phone..bought online (new) from O2 - completely dead..warranty length 1 or 2 years?

benny77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bought as a back up phone in Dec. 2018. Now completely dead..tried reset (down vol./on-off button etc)..still dead. Still dead when plugged into a variety of different charging sources. Was PAYG when bought & came unlocked. o2 Signal poor so has been working on another providers sim since purchase. Worked fine this Sunday as a "satnav" with Goole maps..not on Monday!?..may have left "hotspot" turned on. Battery reads only 2.88v  (rated at 3.85 v). It will not charge. Any thoughts?

p.s. did an online chat with O2..but they wanted original O2 sim serial no. and I don't have it anymore as far as I can see (gave them IMEI and the original O2 sims tel.number )

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

benny77
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks again..rang O2 who said take to an O2 store and ask for it to be booked in for a repair. I noted on the Nokia site they said their warranty was for a replacement not repairs. Will have a think..thanks for the info/links both.

Message 11 of 20

benny77
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

oh.and thanks Jonsie too..think you may well be right!

Message 12 of 20

benny77
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

update..used the link(s)..& the phone is going to be picked up (for Nokia to look at) by DHL. Now where's the bubble wrap? Hope they'll just send a replacement. Thanks again all.

Message 13 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

That's the right choice @benny77 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You'll be much better off with a replacement rather than a repair, @benny77, but either way, at least Nokia are doing something for you. Good luck. Hope it all works out.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 20

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

benny77
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just an update..might interest someone now or in future

Contacted Nokia (see previous posts) on Friday 28th Feb. DHL picked up the phone on Monday 2nd March..label printed off (free) indicated phone was off on a trip to Hungary. Had emails to say received next day, email to say been sorted and sent back on Thursda-ay & the phone arrived back courtesy of DHL about 10 am on Friday 6th. Impressed.

"Main board replaced" it said..know I got the original cover back as it had phone number on it (per manent marker) and pretty sure the original battery too. But all esle is new incl screen (old one had small scuff) so effectively a new phone. It had new imei stickers inside package. No new 2 year warranty though..fair enough.. so ok til mid-Dec 2020.

Message 17 of 20

benny77
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks to the guys here who helpd me

Message 18 of 20

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
That's very good service wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 20

benny77
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

forgot to state..there was a note saying to charge the phone for 30 mins before using too. The battery which I'd measured (when the phone was dead) with a meter as 2.88 volts was showing at about 40% full when I switched the phone on..so yes I think it was the original battery (which was not as I'd initially wondered the faulty part).

Message 20 of 20