cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No roaming while using PAYG 02 SIM overseas: help!

CalvuChopper
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi community!

I know this is a common question, but still can't get a solution from the threads or 02 support team.

I live in Spain and have been using my 02 sim and UK number and package fine for now, roaming worked perfectly. Yesterday I entered a Spanish sim temporarily and when I put my 02 SIM back inside, no roaming. Chatted with 02 support who gave updated APN details but they did not suggest anything else. Still stuck.

So:

• data roaming is swtiched on
  • my phone works; I can recieve calls, so the SIM is correctly in place
  • I have coverage bars displayed
  • I am connected to a network here in Spain

But no internet! Can anyone suggest what to do from scratch again including correct APN?

Many thanks in advance smiley

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can check your apn settings here https://www.teamknowhow.com/discover/discover/o2-apn-settings#Android%20APN%20settings%20for%20O2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

CalvuChopper
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi jonsie! Good point.

It's a SAMSUNG GALAXY A3 2017)
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can check your apn settings here https://www.teamknowhow.com/discover/discover/o2-apn-settings#Android%20APN%20settings%20for%20O2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

CalvuChopper
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

sorted M15 - you star! It seems the problem was related to being payasyougo and entering the correct passwords / versions as compared with contract. Kind of incredible 02 support did not suggest that to me!

Cheers slight_smile

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Glad you're sorted mate.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6