O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Topics: 510
Solutions: 10,055

Re: My O2 Pay As You Go Update

It’s not supposed to happen but it’s just another of o2’s quirks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 526
Solutions: 3,279

@Ank wrote:

Why does the first top up need a voucher? You buy a voucher with a credit card and then do future tops ups with a credit card....Cut the voucher out of the process. Who does it help anyway.

Certainly not the customer! Can admin @Martin-O2  @Marjo  please feed this back once again?

Topics: 642

@jonsie wrote:

@Ank wrote:

Why does the first top up need a voucher? You buy a voucher with a credit card and then do future tops ups with a credit card....Cut the voucher out of the process. Who does it help anyway.

Certainly not the customer! Can admin @Martin-O2  @Marjo  please feed this back once again?

And once again, the PAYG team will say the first top up does NOT need to be with a voucher.

It's a good job we are here to correct the 'myth' rolling eyes

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 70
Ideas: 2

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@Ank wrote:

And once again, the PAYG team will say the first top up does NOT need to be with a voucher.

It's a good job we are here to correct the 'myth' rolling eyes

Valid points, @Ank.

Last time I bought a PAYG SIM for O2, it was from Carphone Warehouse - it was bought with a SIM that needed a tenner to activate it - all done in the store.  Our only problem was to get that SIM changed to the original PAYG number, done about 30mins later in the O2 Shop in the same shopping centre, including transfer of remaining balance on original SIM to new SIM.

It should not be hard... should it?Thoughful

It is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. Douglas Adams.