Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging two into one

PGM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have two phones with two separate numbers, both on pay as you go.... is it possible to merge the two accounts so that both phones will have the same number for making and receiving calls?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@PGMNo it's not possible to do that. Sorry

I think it used to be available on a business contract but not any more. As you are PAYG it won't happen.

If you wish to double check this with O2 then call them on 4445

Edited to add. A suggestion was made on here for a multi card, but O2 weren't having it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@PGMNo it's not possible to do that. Sorry

I think it used to be available on a business contract but not any more. As you are PAYG it won't happen.

If you wish to double check this with O2 then call them on 4445

Edited to add. A suggestion was made on here for a multi card, but O2 weren't having it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Absolutely no chance.
Sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

PGM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It would be convenient to have this facility rather than having to swap a sim card (which needs to be different sizes) from one phone to another, but if it can't be done, it can't be done. Thanks for taking the trouble to give me an answer, it's greatly appreciated.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I suggested the idea to O2 as they already do it on O2 in Germany but they said it wasn’t appropriate for introduction in the Uk.
They have recently introduced a new version or the MyO2 app called O2 Ask which would allow texts and calls to be received on another phone but this is only available to single contact monthly accounts currently.
If and when they extend that app to PAYG it may be possible for you then.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5