Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS not working

koala321
Level 3: Thinker
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I am having problems sending MMS picture messages on Pay as You Go.

I have a Doro on 2G, my Mum also has a Doro on 2G and I have a Android smartphone on 4G, and all are O2 Pay and Go, but MMS keeps failing and showing 'unable to send' messages.

Its been doing this a few months now, then suddenly it will work, and the photo is sent, but most of the time it doesn't work for most pictures.

It's not a device issue because MMS is not sending photos on all 3 of my O2 phones, so it must be a network problem.

The SMS centre number is +447802092035.

I read a message on here from last year that said MMS doesn't work on O2. Well, it's been working for the past 18 years or more as I've been an O2 member for many years, and always have been able to send MMS messages.

Someone on an earlier message said that there are free apps available to send picture messages. That's not the point: not everyone I know who has MMS phones are on WhatsApp or other similar apps, and MMS is the only way to send photos to friends and family who are not on Whatsapp. 

Please keep the MMS service working. We still need it. Can it be fixed? (these things are sent to try us! as they say 😂)

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

As it is not working on two different phones then something is amiss and you will probably have to call 4445.

Not sure how much support O2 are putting into PAYG. All efforts of bringing PAYG into the 21st century seem to be going into giffgaff 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Enlli
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

What sort of PAYG have you got?

Do you have enough balance to cover the MMS Charges? They are 55p each on PAYG

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 11

koala321
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @Enlli , balance is not a problem. They are all topped up. The configurations are set correctly. I'm on £5 Big Bundle for the 2G phones and £10 data Big Bundle for the Android.

We are always getting text messages from O2 saying they are working on masts in the area, and 'your service may come and go'. Maybe it has something to do with that? Sending ordinary texts works, but most of the time MMS messages keep failing. Only a couple of times after a few failed attempts the photo sends, but most of the time it fails and the photos don't send. It's getting too regular.

Message 3 of 11

Enlli
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

As far as I'm aware MMS is not included in the bundles and must be paid for outside of your bundle charge, so you need extra balance for that

Message 4 of 11

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23467 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

@koala321 Not sure why you're averse to using WhatsApp? Why do you still want to waste money? Calls, texts, picture messages and video calls using the app over WiFi are free. No brainer.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 11

koala321
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Enlli  I've got the extra balance. MMS messaging is not included in the Bundles, but you still pay to use it at 55p per message, so it should still work. It's worked in the past.

Message 6 of 11

koala321
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino I don't have a problem with WhatsApp but as my friends I want to send the pictures too are not on WhatsApp I still need MMS.

Message 7 of 11

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23467 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

@koala321 You need to educate your friends. If you must send MMS, be sure your mobile data is on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 11

Enlli
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

As it is not working on two different phones then something is amiss and you will probably have to call 4445.

Not sure how much support O2 are putting into PAYG. All efforts of bringing PAYG into the 21st century seem to be going into giffgaff 

Message 9 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@koala321 

Try setting phone to 3g to send them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 11