Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free £5 credit when registering for 'myO2 on payg'

Gordon2016
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I clicked on a link to register for 'myo2 on payg' which stated that a free £5 would be credited to my balance. I have registered and added a £10 topup but the free £5 credit has not appeared. Am I missing something? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Gordon2016 

It should be added within 48 hours of registration, if not, call customer service on 4445.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Gordon2016 

It should be added within 48 hours of registration, if not, call customer service on 4445.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Gordon2016
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the reply MI5. If only their website had made that clear it would have been fine. I did get it sorted yesterday however. It was just frustrating having clicked through their link and doing what was required to see no further mention of the freebie. I put a tenner credit on and expected to see £15 but no, just £10. The phone was for my 85 year old dad and I was handing it over later the same day so wanted it sorted before then. The online chat said 'All busy. Try later' so I clicked the complaints link intending to tell them what I thought of their website. Interestingly, online chat was available here (presumably to intercept complaints before they are registered) and the operative was able to apply the credit to the account immediately. So I can't say whether it would have appeared on its own or not.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
At least you are sorted now mate.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4