Did you mean: 

Fraud: 2 x Fraudulent Mobiles in my name

arrow1201
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Anyone know how I can escalate to the Fraud team?

Two mobiles were taken out with O2 in my name and address while I was out of the country last June, I got back to the UK in Oct to see Arrears and Debt Colllection letters so immediately contacted O2 who said they would stop further action and investigate via the Fraud Team. (I am not an O2 customer) Nothing was concluded in November so I phoned again. Nothing was done in December and now today the Debt Collection agency are contacting me. 

Very grateful for advice, I have phoned Customer Service and emailed a complaint also. 

Thanks. T

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I'll ask if @Anonymous or @Thomaso1 can help you @arrow1201 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

arrow1201
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Super thanks. I can provide a Ref if someone PMs me directly? CS Ref ends 4666 and mobiles end 3696 and 1265

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

One of the O2 advisors will be in touch with you @arrow1201 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 Thanks for the tag @arrow1201  will send you a private message regarding the issues

Many thanks

O2Simon

Message 5 of 9

arrow1201
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm still looking for help on the original item - can anyone contact the Fraud team and why are they so slow in responding?

For an update, thanks to O2Simon and K from O2 Complaints, my issue was properly registered, my complaint was upheld and I have been confirmed I was an innocent third party. However, Fraud have not since contacted me, the debt collection have the account and I'm sure the credit default event is still there incorrectly. 

This is a huge problem causing reputational, financial harm and physical stress as well as consuming my time. Has anyone got tips to resolve it or information on how I can escalate if necessary to the Obudsman?

Message 6 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Will tag @O2Lisa and @O2Daniel to see if they can help with the fraud dept.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 9

O2Daniel
  • 67 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj slight_smile

@arrow1201 i will private message you now, and we can discuss this further slight_smile

signature
Message 8 of 9

arrow1201
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Progress but no conclusion...7 months after the original fraud and 4 after my advising to O2, multiple phone calls and emails, O2 have upheld my complaint, confirmed I was the victim of identity fraud and advised the debt recovery company who have received O2's confirmation.

However, the debt recovery company still have a case open waiting on O2, I am stuck in a ping pong having to co-ordinate both, O2 tell me to contact the debt recovery company and the debt company say I need to contact O2. Why does the innocent third party have to co-ordinate the resolution of what is arguably due to inadequate KYC to allow the fraud and poor operating processes to resolve it? I also have to wait 30-60 days to see that the incorrectly applied markers to my credit history have been removed after O2's direction to do so.

If you have had a similar experience and can offer advice on what I can do next, please PM me or post here

O2 - various people have been helpful in this, can you please ask your Fraud Team to check what they need to do for the Debt Recovery Agency to close this out?

Message 9 of 9