cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended stay in Australia and my PAYG service now says SOS calls only...

deejerydoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

This is my second attempt at posting this to your forum, but the first post seems to have been lost in the Ether.

I am in Australia for an extended period. Today, I noticed my O2 iPhone X is saying SOS calls only. So, I tried logging in to my O2 account only to be told there was no account with my email address, despite me using this for more than the last five years. So, I went through the password rest process, as this has resolved this issue for me in the past and now I'm finally in my account it says I have no services.

I had a credit balance on a PAYG SIM. Now nothing!?

I can't call you from my O2 phone and when I try calling your advertised number for calling from overseas, from my Australian number, it says I am unable to be connected.

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6648 Posts
  • 121 Topics
  • 23 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

The truth is O2 appear not really that interested in PAYG. They have Giffgaff and many of us suspect that will be the offering in the future, leaving O2 for contract type offerings.

Do we have any perception @Enlli as to how many customers are on Big Bundles and on Rolling Plans ? 

It will be interesting to see if O2 offer incentives to such customers to take out contracts if they do decide to pull the plug on PAYG.

Message 11 of 11