Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT TOP UP

kako
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After login to my account I cannot top-up by any means and with different cards added. The message  reads:

• We couldn’t process your payment

Sorry, it’s not been possible to take your payment. Your phone has not been topped up. Please try again or use another card. If the problem continues you’ll need to contact your bank.

I have contacted my back and they say there is nothing wrong with the method of payment and is a problem with O2. 

wtf?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93918 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

All ways to top up here

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

If this is a first top up you need to use a voucher

After that you will be able to top up via My O2

Message 2 of 6

kako
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Thank you for showing me ways to pay-as-you-go.  However this does not answer my question for why I cannot top-up when I am loggedinto my O2 account.

I am abroad in Belgium, I cannot make calls (as my credit has run out to call 4444) and again, none of this should matter as I have logged into my O2 account where I should be able to top-up that way.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 148922 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28445 Solutions

@kako 

Your only option is a voucher from a third party website as indicated in the guide.

O2 system issues are common and go some way to explain your issue.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7801 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

We can't say why it's not working as this is not customer services

Have you tried this from the guide. I know others have reported this as a solution.

Mobile top up alternative. (Helpful when abroad/struggling with UK based cards)

You can easily purchase O2 top up online via MobileTopup.co.uk and top up your O2 mobile within 1 minute. You select the O2 top up amount, then you check the order and you pay the phone credit using one of the secure payment methods. After payment, you will receive the top up voucher code via email. You can then directly top up your O2 Pay as you Go Plan using the instructions given

http://www.mobiletopup.co.uk/o2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93918 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Never said you were abroad

So, as in the link, top up by third party voucher is one option

Or download Skype and call the free number

Guide: A Guide to Skype 

Message 6 of 6