Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call log

snow7john
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can O2 provide me with the total number of calls, including missed calls, and the duration of ringing for each call made to my number from a specific number on a specific date?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148871 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@snow7john 

Short answer is no.

Only your phones call log will give any incoming call details.

If it's related to a legal case the Police or your solicitor may be able to get more info from O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 148871 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@snow7john 

Short answer is no.

Only your phones call log will give any incoming call details.

If it's related to a legal case the Police or your solicitor may be able to get more info from O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

snow7john
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I did call 4445 and I was told that O2 for PAYG customers cannot provide a call log not even for the police. I do not believe that O2 does not have a technical capacity to store the call logs for PAYG customers for legal purposes or for crime prevention, but I have to accept it. If it's true, it means that victims of stalking should switch from O2 PAYG to either monthly program or other provider because they will not have the evidence of being called.

Message 3 of 6

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 195 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@snow7john wrote:

I did call 4445 and I was told that O2 for PAYG customers cannot provide a call log not even for the police......victims of stalking should switch from O2 PAYG to either monthly program or other provider because they will not have the evidence of being called.

Legal authorities have a different process for telecoms data, and I wouldn't expect frontline-CS to be familiar with it.

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93905 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

There is no user information for incoming calls for monthly customers either so changing to a contract would make no difference. You would still get the same response from customer service.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 148871 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

PAYG sims don't even need registering, so can be completely untraceable too.

Message 6 of 6