Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boostbox?

Archie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a boostbox as a private PAYG customer? There seems to be some chat from over a year ago saying that O2 only sell them to business customers, which is frankly ludicrous and terrible customer service (and missed business) - just hoping that they might have become more reasonable over the last year or 2.

The O2 website has a few FAQs about boostboxes, but no details about how actually to buy one. The use of the word home in this sentance on their website makes me hope that they will sell one to a private user, but I have my doubts...! "If your home or office doesn’t have O2 coverage, you can get a Boostbox"

Any experience gratefully received.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Archie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your comments so far.

So, if O2 refuse to sell boostboxes to Joe Public, does anyone have any experience with solutions such as these:

https://www.mobilerepeater.co.uk/collections/o2-mobile-boosters

Any alternatives worth thinking about?

Thanks again.

Message 11 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Archie wrote:

Thanks for your comments so far.

So, if O2 refuse to sell boostboxes to Joe Public, does anyone have any experience with solutions such as these:

https://www.mobilerepeater.co.uk/collections/o2-mobile-boosters

Any alternatives worth thinking about?

Thanks again.

Be careful as some are illegal and you will be jailed if caught using any such device.

It's best to get advice from OFCOM before buying to ensure you are compliant with the law.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 12