Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boostbox?

Archie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a boostbox as a private PAYG customer? There seems to be some chat from over a year ago saying that O2 only sell them to business customers, which is frankly ludicrous and terrible customer service (and missed business) - just hoping that they might have become more reasonable over the last year or 2.

The O2 website has a few FAQs about boostboxes, but no details about how actually to buy one. The use of the word home in this sentance on their website makes me hope that they will sell one to a private user, but I have my doubts...! "If your home or office doesn’t have O2 coverage, you can get a Boostbox"

Any experience gratefully received.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Hi @Archie 

Boostboxes are only available to business customers, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Hi @Archie 

Boostboxes are only available to business customers, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Archie
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Crazy, just means they are likely to loose 4 fairly heavy-user customers as we'll have to switch to another provider with better coverage.

Message 3 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Archie You're probably better off switching to another provider with better signal strength in your area rather than rely on a boostbox anyway. Coverage should always be the main criteria when choosing providers, and as you're PAYG the switch will be easier. If you want to keep your number, take a look at this link: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-July-2019-Update/ba-p/1052278

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

The beauty of P&G is that you have a choice of networks. If none give you a good signal then your only option would be to get a phone with WiFi calling. For that reason I would be looking at EE. 

Message 5 of 12

Archie
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yup, I've switched before, and might do so again. It's just a pain, as O2 is mostly OK for us, but we've moved to a new house where the coverage at home (only) is poor - even up the street is better. The boostbox seems to work well according to other users, so its very poor customer-service by O2 to refuse to sell it to customers of theirs who have been with them for years and are otherwise content with the service.

Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I agree with you @Archie  but there is no network as far as I know will supply a boost box unless you are on contract. @

Message 7 of 12

Archie
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm happy to move onto a contract if that's what they require, but no point if they will still not let me buy a boostbox as I'm a private person, not a business... 

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
As you say, it would have to be a business contract and there is a £150 charge for the boostbox too.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Vodafone used to supply them to ordinary contract. I'm not sure if they still do but it may be worth a call or a visit to the Vodafone store. 

Message 10 of 12