cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ordered samsung galaxy s6 on thursday was promised next day delivery but still nothing??

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, so, as the title says i ordered my upgrade on thursday well before the 10pm deadline,it was about 2.30,  i recieved all confirmation emails and texts to say it will be delivered on friday between 8-8 and i am still waiting? obviously it isnt going to turn up today  (sunday) but i really cant afford to take another day off work, i dont have neighbours or a secondry address, i have rung them and they said i just have to wait in for it??  when i look on my 02 it says order complete, which obviously it isnt, when i try to go to order tracking number its saying that the parcel hasnt reached dpd yet? what should i do?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

If it is already with DPD you should get a tracking notice first thing in the morning.....bit late for you but as said they are good...Unlike UK Mail..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Anonymous ... what a sorry state of affairs slight_frown

Here's my contribution:

I am classed as disabled, buy fairish online, & soooo often got Smiley Mad when I couldn't get downstairs in time to respond when the front door knocker was rapped ... this resulted in me contacting the town Royal Mail delivery centre (using up my minutes on my smartphone, no landline) ... as an alternative for a small fee the item could be delivered to the town post office, which was OK to a point eg when are they not busy with too few staff on? & there is a time limit as to how long they will hold parcel / packet for

Sooooo here's what I have done, considering my 'safe place' deteriorated beyone being safe ie wooden bi-cycle shed ... I had laminated a small notice done on the back of a cereal packet ie buff coloured to blend in somewhat with the wooden door ... & wrote on in BIG CAPITAL LETTERS:

Parcels

Please leave behind wheelie bins

Thank You

O2 left a phone there for me, I ordered it online, because I'd done all my research online & then rather cheekily went in there for good salesman Irish Joe well he set it up for me & att he handled over for me what I now know to be 'the migration' ... town shop was shut for 3 weeks so I knew it was something big-like but it was about time I joined here the O2 Community Forum, found by just browsing my O2 Bill

To date have had absolutely no problems

Also when you know the time of delivery from the courier, please seriously think about contacting your employer & offerring to come into work & either do less hours or stay a bit later to make up time, or work through your lunchtime ..... if I had done this ie let my last proper job employer know instead of 8:30am would 11:00 am start be alright & I'd finish accordingly ... I used to office work 5 hours a day, 5 days a week ... I may have been able to work longer & have maybe better off money-wise

Sorry to have bored you with my over-verbose reply

Just trying to help

Please do come back tomorrow & let us all know how you have gotten on

Best of Luck slight_smile

Message 23 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I also have a safe place Jane. However some couriers require a signature...particularly for expensive mobile phones so often that wont work. I am lucky enough to have a neighbour who signs for parcels when required so I am pretty sorted really...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

the couriers Cleoriff ... knock on the door ... pit their card through my letterbox with eg 'behind wheelie bin' handwritten in biro ... only twice have I had positively ******'s who have put an item in my empty blue bin (glass / plastic / metal) & then how do I get the parcel / packet out ... I tip the bin on its side & use the yard brush to pull out the item 

Honestly Cleoriff I order sooooo much stuff online, I'd sall all the local carriers know me, including those who deliver in seemingly their own car, they put a card through my door, one parcel I had to go to the town post office to sign for, & I was Smiley Mad cat biscuits, they were heavy for me to carry home, hence I won't be using that particular supplier / Ebayer anymore

Message 25 of 25