cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Wifi Extra

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 have today launched wifi extra - whereby o2 users will connect to wifi if in range of over 11000 hotspots automatically without the need to log on via an app thus conserving data

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a639577/o2s-wifi-extra-automatically-connects-customers-across-t...
Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Are you a moderator @Anonymous slight_smile

What makes you think that? ?? 

LOL

The answer to your ? is no though. 

Message 11 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest I have BT Broadband at home so get free access to over 5 million wifi hotspots. Whilst there are some that have capacity issues, it is still far better than 11000 with o2.

I believe o2 are trying to build up their wifi offer so as to cover their backsides regarding their poor data coverage (65% 4g coverage my backside).
Message 12 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your opening post makes it sound like your an O2 employee announcing some sort of new campaign slight_smile
Message 13 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope. When I find a press release which I think we may be interested in on here I tend to write in a standard format.

A line about the thread and a link as we all like proof on here.
Message 14 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a couple of o2 hotspots here in Newmarket - Argos and Toni and Guy hairdressers! You do look a bit suspicious in both doing a bit of surfing!

Message 15 of 88

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

They need to get a lot more retailersinterested. Most of the big players are already covered by the likes of the cloud and BT. It's much easier and less trouble for me to use mobile data when out and about and all my frequented pubs seamlessly connect to the Cloud.

I just feel O2 have a long way to go in this respect.

Message 16 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think o2 have a long way to go stop.
. Ever since Telefonica took control it has gone downhill
Message 17 of 88

xenophone
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just checked, I am in the centre of Edinburgh, just found out I have over 30 wifi spots within a 2 mile radius. Yay!!!

Message 18 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@xenophone wrote:

Just checked, I am in the centre of Edinburgh, just found out I have over 30 wifi spots within a 2 mile radius. Yay!!!

Good news @xenophone . Enjoy them all wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 88

xenophone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Only problem is my Costa only allows 30 mins on WiFi.
Message 20 of 88