Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Insurance

Bruets
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've read a few other stories regarding this but I just wanted to know if someone could shed some light on my situation/ handset.

I have (or shall I say had) an iPhone X 256gb space grey. I lost it last Friday and contacted o2 merely an hour after losing it.

I was told I needed to fill in a claims form and send it back!? I was told I could print it, take a photo of it and email it back (easy when you have a phone...... and a printer).

I was at work so I went home, borrowed my dads old iPhone, downloaded it, printed it, filled it in and emailed it back that same evening. (Friday evening)

The next day I hear nothing.

The day after I hear nothing.

Monday comes and I hear nothing until midday when I get a email saying my form has just been received! 2 and a half days after I sent it.

I phoned o2 and they said the insurance claims department aren't open on weekends! How does that help the customer? I'm still here on weekends, and now without a phone.

I get a message the next day saying my claim has been accepted and to complete a delivery form.

I completed the form and I hear nothing back. I phone them the next day for them to tell me my handset is out of stock.

The next day I get a message saying my handset is out of stock (a whole 2 days after returning the delivery information form) had I not phoned I wouldn't of even known the past 2 days.

It's now been 8 days and I still don't have a phone. I run a business, I need access to a fast device in which I am comfortable using, and I need my data that was backed up back!

How on earth can a company expect you to pay £15 a month only to let you wait 8 days (and possibly weeks) for them to "find" you a handset.

I've been with o2 since I was 16. My contract finishes in November. I'm sure other companies are just as bad but this one clearly don't care about long standing customers and leaving them phoneless for weeks on end (when they're paying not to be).
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hello @Bruets
I read your distressing story this morning. We have very kind and helpful Community Managers. I don't know if they work on the weekend either but I will tag them for you @Marjo  @EmilieT @Martin-O2
They may be able to help you get through this better, but if time is of the essence then not sure they have a cure there!
When things go wrong then it seems to take ages to go through the forms etc. get replies or responses but even if a solicitor was involved in a claim they give at least 7 days for a reply for each query!
To put perspective into your thoughts, you lost your phone (on a Friday!) things happen, they haven't got the phone you want, they are not that slow really, you have no contingency plans for emergencies basic for a person in business. Being a business person you need to be flexible to get things done to see you over this difficult period. You know what you can do. I would get a replacement sim straight away maybe get into a O2 store you can use your sim. I'd go into Argos and buy a back up phone doesnt need to be very expensive get back on some track. This phone is then your emergency back up phone for the future. That would be what I would do.
Good luck best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 3

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Bruets, and sorry to hear about your recent experience! Has there been any progress since you last posted? We'll make sure to pass on to the Business your feedback on the overall process slight_smile

Thanks for the mention @TallTrees!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3