Did you mean: 

netflix

hi-ok
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

When I first purchased my phone number the lady told me I get netlfix for 6 months because I paid for the 5000 texts and calls and 20 GB, but here it is telling me the opposite. I don't understand.

Thank you,

Serene

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@hi-ok 

Details of eligible tariffs and full T&C's here https://www.o2.co.uk/netflix

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@hi-ok 

Details of eligible tariffs and full T&C's here https://www.o2.co.uk/netflix

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @hi-ok, did you get a chance to take a look at the info @MI5 shared above? Could you tell us a bit more about how you've tried to redeem the offer so far?

Let us know if you'd like some more help, and welcome to the forum! slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 8

VB
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

02/netflix offer...was this a Con?

Signed up as new customer in November 2018, took up the 6 months netflix offer.

Cancelled my own netflix subsricption.

Have never been successful in redeeming this offer, every attempt stated my number was not eligible for the netflix offer.

I have called an spoke to netflix in November;  December -was told IT issue and someone would text with a solution. 

January - chased up, confirmed my number was eligible for the netflix offer, was advised issue being resolved and I should be able to redeem offer on 7th January.

I am a very patient person and know it's not the end of the world not having netflix. 

05 February chased up for status as still could not redeem netflix offer; after waiting for agent to look into my number, was then advised because I ported my number over, the netflix offer could not be  redeemed against my number...And, now due the time since signing up to this contract - the offer has now expired and is now not available! 

Apparently I  should have redeemed the offer by 2nd February.....hmm, but that's what I had been attempting every other week.

Despite my calls every month, how is that acceptable?  And why has it taken 4 phone calls to finally tell me the issue is due to my number being ported over, and why was that not realised in the first couple of calls!

I would add , no one from 02 has attempted to contact me with any updates following my calls.

Can't help thinking it was a Con. 

I have been offered a credit, but would rather have 6 months netflix - since I had cancelled my own subsription.

My first experience with 02, as was with previous supplier for 9 years.

Big Disappointment.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@VB there was no need to cancel your Netflix as the O2 offer just adds credit to your account, so you would have just not paid until you used up the credit, anyway, I'll tag @Martin-O2 who may be able to help you out now.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

VB
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
MI5, thanks for your advice. I cancelled my DD with netflix as my 40GB sim was netflix offer deal, so as long as my DD is still being collected, how would I not benefited from the 6 months free.
Also, correction to my 1st message, the calls I made were in fact to 02, not netflix.
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They don't collect the DD as your account is in credit.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @VB I can certainly get someone to chase this up for you. I'll need a few details so will drop you a private message.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8