Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling

RichieRich
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Morning all,

I'm trying to set up wifi calling at my workplace and believe there are ports being blocked on our firewall that are needed to facilitate this.

So far I have unblocked UDP 500 and UDP 4500 for the VPN side. However, this has not made any difference and wifi calling does not even show the logo or attempt to connect on my phone (tried switching on and off, toggling airplane mode etc).

This is definitely working as I have managed to get Wifi Calling working in another office I work at by unblocking the two ports above.

At home wifi calling also works instantly, so there is definitely no issue where the handset is concerned.

My problem is trying to pin down what else is being blocked - I have tried to trace this in the office where this works, but have not found anything concrete.

There is literally ZERO information about this online - other networks like EE publish this information on their forums so why cant o2?

Has anyone been successful with this?

Kind regards

Richard
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi @RichieRich 

This is the first instance of this kind of issue that I've seen. For most customers, once Wifi Calling is enabled, they can use it immediately without issues - so there's never really been a need to publish the ports or technical network bits behind it, but we're happy to do so! slight_smile

The good news is since Wifi Calling does work elsewhere, your account and phone are setup correctly, so it's definitely just down to that particular corporate network or firewall. See the table below for full details on the ports you need to ensure are open.

WifiPorts.png

Once you've ensured these ports are open, it'll hopefully all work as expected.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

RichieRich
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Also, the phone I am attempting this with is the Samsung Galaxy S9 - incase it helps!
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chris_K  Can you offer any advice here?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi @RichieRich 

This is the first instance of this kind of issue that I've seen. For most customers, once Wifi Calling is enabled, they can use it immediately without issues - so there's never really been a need to publish the ports or technical network bits behind it, but we're happy to do so! slight_smile

The good news is since Wifi Calling does work elsewhere, your account and phone are setup correctly, so it's definitely just down to that particular corporate network or firewall. See the table below for full details on the ports you need to ensure are open.

WifiPorts.png

Once you've ensured these ports are open, it'll hopefully all work as expected.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for that @Chris_K  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

RichieRich
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @Chris_K and @Cleoriff

That's perfect, thank you! I will give this a try using the above info and see how I get on!

Kind regards

Richard
Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good luck with this. It's well above my paygrade. Thanks @Chris_K as this could well be a question that is asked again.

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It should go in the KB as it will just get lost if left in general forum.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It should go in the KB as it will just get lost if left in general forum.

Yes definitely. I've bookmarked it but will likely be unable to find it next time.

Message 9 of 12

RichieRich
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah I agree, this should definitely go in a KB - I'm certain there will be other IT people out there who are in a similar jam with this!

After making the changes on our network, I can confirm that wifi calling is now working! Thanks again for all the help with this! 😄
Message 10 of 12