cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi in Costa Cafe

Anonymous
Not applicable

Costa Cafe offers free O2 WiFi. Great. To log in and use the WiFi, I need a pass code, which they send me through my mobile phone. All worked with my previous laptop. With my new laptop, I made a mistake when I entered my phone number. No pass code. Not to worry they say, enter a new number and we will send you a new pass code. THAT'S A LIE. I entered my correct number (about 20 times) and there is no pass code message. Ever. I think this is a bug in the O2 WiFi system for Costa. They store the first entered number and never replace it with an update.

What is more frustrating though, is that there is no help - nobody to ask, nobody to notify about the problem. Hence - the rant here. Anybody with a suggestion?

Thanks

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

https://recombu.com/digital/article/how-can-i-get-free-o2-wifi_M10898.html says if you have a costa coffee club card you can use that number instead of a code sent to handset

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

https://recombu.com/digital/article/how-can-i-get-free-o2-wifi_M10898.html says if you have a costa coffee club card you can use that number instead of a code sent to handset

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144659 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
There are often problems with wifi in costa and there is a belief that it is their BB that is the issue, however, you can try resetting your phone connection to the system by texting WIFI to 2121.
You can also force a new login page by setting your browser to 1.0.0.0 which will clear your account and ask you to enter your new number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 18

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

if you have the o2 wifi app you can also report back in the app

Apple Watch series 4

Message 4 of 18

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
More info
More info
More info
😳
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 5 of 18

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Not sure what I've done to my previous post 😒

About 2-3 cost as I visit has issues with wifi. One of them is the speed is that bad I have to revert to 4G.
ive complained and they said yes we know, been like this for ages.
Others either don't work, or when they connect it has an issue,

i never have have issues at any othe o2 wifi hotspots. Just costas. So what ever they have done, it's poor.

Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 144659 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
Yes, it seems to be the case as we gets quite a few negative comments on here regarding Costa wifi.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@MI5

not sure what they have done in costa,  but it's possible gone down a cheap slow option so customers don't stay in and abuse wifi?  

For me me it has the opposite effect and now I spend my money in places with better wifi. 

Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 144659 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
Yes I'm sure you're right. I'd guess they want as faster turnover as possible to get more customers in.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I joined the Cota Coffe Club and have been using my laptop to access internet via O2 hotspot in Costa regularly as I'm often in adjoining property. Occasional connection problems but usually OK. But last time I tried (over two consecutive days), the O2 connection did not always show as available and, when it did show, I could connect (allegedly) but with no internet - so unable to browse. Nothing wrong with connection, according to Costa manager. Subsequent connection to wifi elsewhere worked fine. What can I do, please, to ensure access to internet via Costa O2 next time - if it doesn't work as it should?
Message 10 of 18