cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Warranty cover?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought an "almost perfect" Motorola phone last August, which meant I received 12 months warranty as part of this.  My charger port isn't working properly (I have tried 3 different chargers and it doesn't register them the majority of the time and when it does,the conenction isn't good, as it took 7 hours for 50% charge last night).  , so I think it needs replacing When I have looked, it says that the warranty covers manufacturer fault, but I assume this isn't "their fault".  Will o2 cover this issue for me or will I have to pay for someone to do this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

All you can do is ring o2 and discuss it. And Hope they fix it for free, make sure if you send it to them to take loads of photos to prove the condition of the phone.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144567 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27726 Solutions
If they deem it to be user damage they won't pay.
If it's simply a failure, they should pay, but you would most likely be better off speaking to Motorola directly about it .
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

The company  I work for, we recently sent a Moto G3 stright to Motorola for the same problem and they fixed it without question.

I believe Motorola will charge you £20.00 to send the handset back to you ONLY if they dont fix it.

Message 4 of 5

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

Did you find out? Please let us know so we can learn for the future.

Trying to help more... here the link to O2 help and support page about O2 Insurance and more here under the store Mobile insurance. We've got you covered

And from the last link I can read: Get your claim sorted. Faster

Just call O2 customer services to submit a claim. You might be asked to fill out a claim form. Unlike some other policies we send you a replacement phone, so you can be back on track quickly.How to submit a claim: Just call O2 customer services to submit a claim. You might be asked to fill out a claim form.

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 5