cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable

when i started using this service I though great I can see who has left me voicemail and time length of voicemail without having to go into voicemails, excellent but to be honest its a waste of time sometimes it works sometimes it dont if you lose 4G or 3G even now I my phone is connected to wifi and guess what its still not working... i have a bubble on my call icon telling me i have a v.m but in actual fact i dont its my phone telling me this service is not working.... 

This is pointless and a waste of time... i dont know what o2 was thinking with this but they need to fix the glitches and get it working 100% before deployment..... 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not after anything for 'free' but just to have voicemail come from my minutes like everyone else on a contract. 😞
Message 11 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Giffgaff are a MVNO and back off o2 networks and yes Orange have adopted this now, however on o2.... waste of time... mine hasnt worked for a week now keeps saying its unavalible. Silly perk that is supposed to make life easier?? 

Message 12 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I found out earlier the Carrier File is controlled by both Apple & 02. Came to light with the 3G Toggle fiasco.
Message 13 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Giffgaff are a MVNO and back off o2 networks 

Yes, obviously, but the point I was making was that VVM didn't work on gg because there was no carrier file until recently when Apple deemed them honourable enough to have one.

As it now works it is controlled by the carrier file.

Same as Orange for a long time now.

The issue you are having is most likely a data transfer issue such as is been reported all over the country right now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 33

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Giffgaff are a MVNO and back off o2 networks 

So now we know wink
Message 15 of 33

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Oh jonsie... You are awful slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can make fun of me all you like...but if you going to have some decency and do it on private message because you make your selfs look like children and not whats the word............ "adults"

Message 17 of 33

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Sorry @MI5  but had to check and gg's pages state

"This update does NOT enable Visual Voicemail."

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/iPhone-Carrier-Profile/ta-p/13180213

and from the community :

"The reply you chose as Best Answer is incorrect.

Giffgaff is a recognised carrier as of the beginning of the month.

However, it is unlikely that they will enable Visual Voicemail as it requires an infrastrucure expense.

If you are running iOS 7.1 and connect to iTunes then check for updates, a carrier update will be offered up.

Once you install it, your Voicemail button will call gg's Voicemail and you will be able to tether, if you are on a capped GB. "

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Support/Visual-voice-mail/td-p/9538928/page/2

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 18 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Be nice.

We're all friends here.

Jay these guys have a fantastic sense of humour. Took me a while to fully appreciate it and understand when it's being applied.
Message 19 of 33

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

You had me trying to enable it on the iPhone first though Crazy

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 20 of 33