Did you mean: 

Unidentified account block?

Ak2023
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I lost my device 21/05, reported it lost that day, made an insurance claim and had a new device by midday 23/05. The new sim was already pre-avtivated at 0725am that morning. Unfortunately, my phone was connected to o2, I had signal but I couldn't connect to mobile data, receive or make calls or texts. Its basically a WiFi phone. I called CS, they said there were bars on the account. Next day 24/05, after instruction I went instore and did a sim swap. Today on 26/05, still same problem. Its been 4 days..... CS don't know what the problem is. Its not my phone as another sim worked in it fine. I feel there's a block on the account somewhere but they can't identify it.....

Please help.....

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145098 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Ak2023 

The system automatically blocks the phone, sim and account when reported lost.

You'll need to keep trying customer service until you find someone who knows what they are doing.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Ak2023
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, CS said there were NO bars.

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 145098 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Ak2023 

The system automatically blocks the phone, sim and account when reported lost.

You'll need to keep trying customer service until you find someone who knows what they are doing.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 9

Ak2023
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Kudos,

I've been trying each and every day several times. It couldn't be an IMEI block could it? Because I tried another sim in the new device and it works. CS just told me they were going to lift an IMEI bar despite saying there weren't any bars.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 145098 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Ak2023 

No, not IMEI, it's on your account settings.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 9

Ak2023
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still no joy. They finally accepted there was a call block on the account on Thursday evening. It's now Saturday evening and nothing. I chased yesterday and they told me to give it another 24 hours 34 hours ago. What else can I do? I haven't had a workable phone since Monday and have lost access to various essential, phone number specific apps in the process.

Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23229 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

I will tag an O2 advisor for you, but she won't be back on until Monday morning. @O2Sarah- can you please assist @Ak2023?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino 

@Ak2023 I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 8 of 9

Ak2023
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Sarah. I've responded.

Message 9 of 9