cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Status Update] O2 Webmail Down for an Indefinite Period for Everyone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There,

I came onto this bulletin board because my webmail hadn't been working since Tuesday lunchtime.  Some individuals can't access their webmail because their accounts have been hacked by spammers, but at the moment I have been told that there is a general issue.  I thought I'd post it here as the Broadband 'service status' is showing as a green light.

Here is the end of the chat session from last night confirming the general issue.

Sol: Hi

Sol: Sorry, the Webmail isn't working for anyone.

Sol: Our support team is working on it but we don't have any timescale when this will be resolved.

Sol: I haven't heard from you for a while.  Are you still there?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know how to get through to the portal team jsut in case my issue is related to spamming my account?  I'm involved in a web chat which has gone from broadband team to mobile team and back and forth again and nobody seems to even know what a webmail account is.  Most bizarre.....  I even posted the solution from this forum, but that didn't help!

Message 11 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, the team on the webchat will reset a password from their end, but as thats not the issue (logging into the portal is fine), it doesn't do any good.  The status update was confirmed:

Abhishek: I'm sorry Andy, but as we are facing technical issue with the webmail and expecting to get it sorted out soon. Our Portal team is working on it.

Andy Barnard: How will we be informed that webmail should be fixed? (the status page shows a green light at the moment).

Abhishek: You can try to login to you webmail after 24 hours.

Andy Barnard: OK, I'll keep trying. Off to set up a gmail account now... Thanks

Actually I'm not convinced that 24hrs will be enough as its been down for me for over a week now.  In fact, come to think of it, I reported grammar/spelling errors in the webmail prompts about 8 years ago, and thats not been fixed yet (not an issue for me though as I normally use Outlook).

Message 12 of 25

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
You've really got to wonder how someone can publish a multi-billion dollar companies website with spelling errors haha.

Hmm I'm really not convinced live chat actually does anything:(

You'll have to keep us updated.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 13 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'd hope not haha. He seems rather knowledgable in the forums.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 15 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
haven't been able to get access to my emails now for 2 weeks on either my mobile or thru o2 webmail. Not had any explanation from o2 and i see they haven't bothered to put up a message on the website or even bother to text customers with updates or anything.
Message 16 of 25

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The latest on this is here:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Home-Broadband-Home-Phone/Webmail-account-disabled-blocked-here-s-more-...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 17 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

> The latest on this is here:

> http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Home-Broadband-Home-Phone/Webmail-account-disabled-blocked-here-s-more-...

That thread is certainly about problems with webmail, but its more about O2 deliberately disabling some emails accounts as a result of those accounts being used to send spam and it pre-dates the current major issue with O2 webmail accounts.

I started this thread about a general problem with webmail accounts not working as a result of some issue other than that.  Interestingly, although mine and a large number of other peoples accounts are not working, the problem doesn't seem to be affecting everyone. 

Difficult to know how long this issue is going to take the portal team to resolve (I've just done my every 24hr check without success), but I know that emails are not being returned to sender as undeliverable even though my mailbox will be well over its quota by now as I've been out of service for over a week.  So it seems that something in mail.o2.co.uk is working for me, even though I can't access any mails.

Message 18 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this still the case with a lot of people as mine is still not working.  Initially told it would be 24 hours, then 48 hours and finally now pushed back to 5 working days.  I don't really want to see all my utility bills but I could still do with the access . . .

Message 19 of 25

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Very few actually have this problem for everyone else it's working normally.

This is an account related problem so they shouldn't be too long getting it fixed for you.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 20 of 25