cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 email settings

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone

I am having problems with my email settings. I have filled in the Account Settings correctly. I am fairly certain that everythng is correct. Yet I cannot send/receive and receive email to Microsoft Outlook. I can send and receive o2 webmail without any problem. I am absolutely mystified. I really would appreciate some help. My mobile number is***********. I would be delighted if someone phoned me. I will be awake until 3 am on Saturday morning. Then I will be available after 10 am on Saturday morning.

Thanks for reading my note.

George

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community. This is a customer to customer forum so we would recommend you remove your phone number and personal details.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 announced in 2013 that o2 email was closing down. Where customers moved from o2 broadband to Sky broadband email accounts were transferred but the data limit was reduced.

More recently it has been identified that some o2 email accounts are still working but that users are having problems.

We are advising o2 email users to set up an alternative as your o2 email account will almost certainly stop at some point soon possibly without warning.

O2 email is no longer supported by o2
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Many thanks for your quick reply. I understand everything you have said. However, I have spoken to o2 twice and they have told me that my o2 address still works and is not blocked. The fact that I can send and receive webmail proves that it works, However, for some reason, I am having problems with Microsoft Outlook.

I have three o2 mobile phones and o2 mobile broadband. I had o2 home broadband for years until they sold it to Sky. I want to hold onto my o2 address for as long as I can.

If you can help, I would be grateful.

George

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I am sorry but the best advice we can give is to set up an new email account asap and transfer important documents and contacts over

Despite what you have been told by some advisors... O2 webmail IS closing. A number of posts here recently have indicated their webmail is playing up and having similar problems to yourself  The email servers are unmanned and closing down. If you don't act quickly you will find yourself without any email facility slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144856 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
It sounds like a problem with your settings in outlook (assuming your o2 email is still working).
If you can let us know what settings you are using I'll have a look at them for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6