cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Size

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have a new phone with a nano sim. Will O2 send me a new sim out with my number on it.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
They will send you a sim card and you would need to transfer your number and details using the online form here :
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk
The easiest way is to pop into your nearest O2 store and they will supply the sim free and transfer your number and tariff for you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
They will send you a sim card and you would need to transfer your number and details using the online form here :
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk
The easiest way is to pop into your nearest O2 store and they will supply the sim free and transfer your number and tariff for you.
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
Depending on how old your current sim is it may already be a nano sim.
Look to see if you can push out the small central part.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

Did any advice above help you out in the end? As @jonsie said, just go to o2.co.uk/swapmysim - a sim swap tool for standard, micro and nano sims - you'll need your original sim and number, as well as your new sim. You'll also need the serial number on the back of your sim – it's the long number beginning with 8944.

The sim swap can take up to 24 hours but is usually done within an hour. Once you lose signal on your original sim, turn your device off, put your new sim in and turn it back on. If you need to, keep turning your device off and on until you get a signal.

Then you're ready to go! And if you upgrade in store, they can complete the sim swap for you!! 

In case you need more help, here a nice from O2 Guru TV: Introducing the Nanosim and how to sim swap

Thanks @MI5 and @jonsie for the help!

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 4 of 4