Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam call

M1KE
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Received a scam call today from 0330 223 6757 pretending to be from O2 and at the same time received a text from O2 with a one time code. Assuming the scammers wanted the code but hung up. Called 202 to report but O2 call handler couldn’t explain why O2 is issuing codes that could give scammers access to my account without my login credentials 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7957 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Well known scam on here

Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

Report the number and the text to 7726 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7957 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Well known scam on here

Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

Report the number and the text to 7726 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149536 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@M1KE 

They use your email address and attempt to login to your myo2. They use the forgotten password link which generates the OTP. If you give that to them, they change your password then have free access to change your address and order an expensive deice and contract.

They may even change the email address so you have no knowledge of the contract taken in your name at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3