Did you mean: 

Refresh upgrade plan

LucaMLittera
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I just went through the Refresh upgrade option, i just logged into my account to check my bills and i was captured by that "upgrade now, we'll pay the rest of your contract" message and so i went for it. Now, though, after having spotted that i'm supposed to trade my phone in (it wasn't absolutely mentioned anywhere as i was going through the Refresh options) i'm thinking i was tricked (for lack of a better word). Am i going to have to trade my current phone in or am i going to have to keep it and keep paying it until the end of the contract (the screen is sligthly cracked so it wouldn't qualify)? I repeat, i upgraded just like when your contract is finished and i was prompted to the upgrade with "upgrade now even if your contract is not expired, we'll pay for the rest" kind of thing, there was no indication nor any link to the Refresh option explanation in sight. Obviously, i would like to get the new phone but if i need to keep paying for the older one, i cannot afford it. It's kind of annoying that i was taken into an upgrade thing for a promotion i don't qualify for without being informed properly about the whole process...

Thank you in advance.

Luca.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@LucaMLittera 

I'm a bit confused by your post as I'm not sure if you think you have to hand back your phone or if you've been told to?

Usually, the customer keeps their old phone, upgrades and gets a new phone, but only pays for one contract.

The act of upgrading cancels the old contract immediately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

LucaMLittera
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm as stomped as you are, i'll try to make it shorter.

I logged into my account, spotted the banner with the offer to upgrade, went through the whole thing and, after having finished and accepted all terms, i've noticed the refresh option states i'm supposed to give my old phone to them in order to have the new one. Also, i just read that i'm supposed to pay for the rest of my old contract (it's called speed to refresh fee) even though the banner said otherwise. 

Basically, they've confused me so much i'm not sure of anything anymore grin

If it is a simple upgrade, yeah, you're right and i haven't screwed my money, the problem is that it's not that clear if i'm just upgrading or signing in for a new contract... Hence my post here grin

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@LucaMLittera 

If it's speed to refresh, you get to keep your old phone and just pay one contract for your new one, however, as it's a bit vague, I would suggest calling customer service in the morning (8.00am) and speak to upgrades for clarification.

Call 202 from your O2 phone or try these numbers if it doesn't work Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

LucaMLittera
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sounds like a solid plan, still i hope i can get some insights before then, i can't suffer not knowing what exactely is happening (to my money).
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Don't worry @LucaMLittera 

You can cancel within 14 days anyway https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6