Did you mean: 

Reactivation of SIM/Number

RyanCFC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good afternoon,

I have recently been locked out of my iCloud and my whole iPhone has reset weirdly my verification code is sent to an old O2 number which I cannot access. 

I am unable to contact one of my very unwell relatives and being on the other end of the country it’s becoming very stressful - I have explained this to O2 3 times today but nothing seems to have been done.

Does anyone know how I can reactivate my number and get a new SIM? So I can access everything again - any help would be much appreciated:) 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10630 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@RyanCFC 

Once it is in that process, its best to wait, as I have seen instances where someone had gone through it, found the old number and then had there account locked out again. 

I think its a case of just waiting it out, as o2 99.9% of the time you cant get the old number back, and if they can it will replace your current number, or you will have to take out either a PAYG sim or contract to use it. 

When did you change from the old to the new number, and was it done by PAC code or a migration.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 11 of 18

RyanCFC
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve seen a lot of people on here get their issue solved so I will keep trying this mobile is my access for my email/iCloud/everything and I’m locked out of it all so it’s worth a go trying instead of restarting everything! 

I took out a totally new contract so I never used any for that. Fingers crossed I have some luck tomorrow. 

Appreciate your advise. 

Message 12 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@O2Emma or @O2Ryan might be able to look into this for you @RyanCFC 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 18

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 14 of 18

RyanCFC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is still ongoing…

O2 have told me the number is free and not taken but are still making me jump through hoops to get this. 

The number is free, can anyone give me any advise? 

Message 15 of 18

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23525 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@RyanCFC The advisor currently on duty is @O2Emma. Hopefully she will be able to assist you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 18

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Bambino I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @RyanCFC I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 17 of 18

Muujjaa
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was about to reply and say O2 told me last year a cancelled number can never be reactivated, even if it had never been reissued.

I hope you get the number back. I know how frustrating it was for me, and I only needed to recover an old unused Hotmail account to sign in to an Xbox gamertag.

Message 18 of 18