Did you mean: 

Questions about claiming on insurance

TextCharges
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have just had to unfortunately put in a claim for a stolen phone. I've been with o2 and had insurance for years but never had it lost or stolen, so this is new. I'm getting increasingly worried doing research in to peoples experiences with o2 insurance. Primarily the fact they don't neccessarily send you the phone you are paying for. My iPhone XS Max 256GB was stolen.

So I ask, are they really allowed to send me a replacement which isn't the same as this when I am paying £70+ a month for THAT phone? 

Also one more question, I've just submitted the claim form today, scanned in to my laptop and emailed off with all the relevant attachments like proof of residence etc. How long should o2 insurance take to get back to me in some way? Over the phone they said within 48 hours but sometimes within 24. Having looked on the forums, I see cases of it taking weeks?

Can anyone give me some insight please? Thanks in advance.

Edit: one last question! Any possible way of having my old number with future phone?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

TextCharges
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay I will. Thanks for all the help! 

Message 11 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Most of the complaints about not getting the same phone we see are over colour.
Generally the model and spec are the same...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 12