cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority Moments App Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya,

I've had an o2 contract for a few months now and have realised that priority moments does not work on my phone (Galaxy S3) without a wifi connection, which is kinda useless right when you want to be able to use it out and about! I get a screen that looks like my phone has crashed and then says Priority moments has stopped.

Does anybody know what I can do without having to call customer services (i'm guessing they're pretty busy with angry customers at the moment!) or speak to a human? (I do quite enough of that at work!)

Best,

Ivy

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93242 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

My O2 is fine but it's been a while since I tried Priority over 3G, possibly a month ago?

Message 21 of 25

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

My O2 is fine but it's been a while since I tried Priority over 3G, possibly a month ago?

I meant Priority moments app only, my bad wink

Does this happen just when the app loads or when you select a deal/ offer, or when you try to claim it?

Message 22 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also had this issue on my Sony Xperia S. The App was working, then I guess after the Network issue in October it stopped - I hadn't used it for a while but think that was the when.

Just to confirm, all other data apps were working, only this one wasn't.

I was on 2G, which I then changed after searching networks and now on 3G.

Looking at some suggestions in this thread, I checked my APN details. Firstly it was on O2 Postpay GPRS (wap.o2.co.uk).

I then noticed that I had two mobile.o2.co.uk options. The one that worked for me is: O2 Mobileweb. The other had a space in Mobileweb. Hope this helps.. 

Message 23 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the same problem sinse I bought my HTC One X in October.

Priority Moments only works on wifi.

I've got 3G (internet and all other services seem to work fine)

Its only Priority moments which has the connectivity issue thats quite strange as it used to work on my wildfire phone.

I have been to the store several times where they uninstalled and reinstalled it with not luck. I've also text ACTIVE to 2020, to which I recieved the reply 'O2. Sorry we had problems dealing with your request for settings Please call us on 0844 8090222.'

I have not yet recieved a reply after phoning a few days ago. The issue may be caused by the way my network was set up in the first place in which case I assume I am powerless to change this, therefore frustratingly, until this is fixed priority moments is useless!

I'm off back to the store to nag them!

Message 24 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for that.

I had both settings installed for APN

mobile.o2.co.uk (O2 Mobile Web) &

wap.o2.co.uk (O2 Postpay GPRS)

and had already tried selecting one or the other as ISTR that there were different data channels when the Apple handset came out.

However, I spent 20mins on the 'phone to O2 and customer services told me that my apps were'nt really apps and according to my details nothing should be working (what, since my HTD Desire Days on the same tarriff..?).

Anyway, thought again about the APN and googled and came across your post.

I changed the name and took out the space to "O2 MobileWeb" and it worked first time.

This is Android version 1.9.6 of Priority moments and I'm using a Sony Xperia T 

Try this - I hope it works for you..!

Message 25 of 25