cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium + Information Services

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, could someone please tell me what constitutes Premium and Information Services? I've been charged a couple of times lately for this, but don't know what it is.
Thanks for your time, Jayne
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What makes you think WhatsApp is locating you?
It doesn't care where you are in the world once registered.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been billed by these so called premium services sought help texted stop received acknowledgement and now they are at it again so I,ve stopped direct debit to o2 will pay tariff manually , I never solicited these rip off merchants and I,m damned If I,m gonna give £26 for nothing 

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, could someone please tell me what constitutes Premium and Information Services? I've been charged a couple of times lately for this, but don't know what it is.
Thanks for your time, Jayne

Message 12 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you don't pay your bill in full to o2, without contesting it through the proper channels, you will lose potentially more than £26.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

why and what is Premium & information services £49.17 + Tariff + VAT its a ripoff i dont no what it is, i only want to pay for my Tariff.

Message 14 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You've subscribed to a premium service.
Look up the number on here http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/ and get the companies contact details.
Call them and ask them to stop and refund you - you will still have to pay O2 though.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

I trusted O2 and never looked at my bill. Only recently my bill exploded and looked at it carefully. I discovered that I have been charged since 2013 between 8 and 12£/month for a Premium message service (number 

82344). Apparently i might have participated at that time in a paying draw to win an Apple Laptop. As it appears there was a reoccuring charge as i was going to be automatically participating every month in a new draw. Since then i have received wierd messages and just deleted them as i didn't understand them.

Now i discoved that these messages have cost me more than 600£ of the time. 

I am very annoyed as O2 were aware of this scam and never mentioned to me. In the news it is said that the main operators have warned their customers about it. They never warned me about this.

I am so upset how this can happen.

Anyone managed to get some money back under this scam? any advice how to procceed?

I have call O2 who offered me a ridiculous amount and called the sms company who laughted at me.

any advices, welcome.

Dom

Message 16 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As it has been going on for so long the logical assumption is that you were paying this willingly.
I honestly don't believe you have any hope of refund but follow the community advice and hope for the best.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...

Currently using:
Message 17 of 23

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Whether psauthority.org.uk is can get you the money back I'm not sure. To be paying for it for 4 years I very much doubt the company will refund you because quite frankly it's down to you entirely for not checking your bills. Why do you not check them? Sorry but it seems irresponsible to me and any excuse of being too busy or putting trust in O2 isn't really any excuse. Sorry again for being blunt as I'm not trying to be rude, it's just my opinion. 

I really don't think you have any chance of getting money back but I sincerely wish you the best of luck. 

Message 18 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I really agree with this. I have OCD when checking my bills whoever they are from. Discovered a discrepancy with BT last month and straight on the phone.  Corrected immediately and a £15 bonus given as a gesture of goodwill...It really is so important.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 23

Luke1990199
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
02 is a joke all they want is more money out of you ent paying them at all coming off 02
Message 20 of 23